Here lately I have been writing about anxiety and my increased struggles with it at the moment. Everything I have written has been about this topic so I thought I would change up the mood on this blog for a bit. Not that struggling with anxiety is not important, just thought some happiness would be better at the moment.
With that being said I want to talk about things that make me happy. And in turn, things that make me happy decrease my anxiety.
- Yoga- I have been practicing yoga consistently for three years which has helped my anxiety, strength, endurance. It also makes me very happy. It’s challenging which makes me feel accomplished after I meet a goal for a challenging pose. I finally accomplished crow pose after two years of trying. Sorry, I don’t have a picture of me completing crow pose but I promise it has happened! 💪🏻
- Fun in the sun- I absolutely love relaxing in a pool, on a float, soaking in the rays of sunshine! That’s what I did today after a long weekend of helping my parents clean and organize their house in preparation of my grandpa moving to Texas. That’s a whole other story and blog post in the near future 🙂
myself, today at my parents pool!
- A good cup of joe always makes me happy. It’s the only way to start off the day. Of course with cream and sugar!myself in the morning with a JT mug 🙂
- Family makes me happy. I visit and see my immediate family once a week. We talk about our jobs, life, past memories, future endeavors, etc. We travel together, watch movies, go to concerts, go out to eat, grill out, etc.
Myself with my sister at the Dr Seuss museum
Myself with my mom at the Bon Jovi concert
Myself with my Sister in Mass in 2015
Myself with my Mom and Dad in Vermont 2015
- A good pair of jeans is pure happiness- the way it fits every curve and increases my confidence.
- Next on the list is my boyfriend! He helps with anything you ask, is caring, is loving and just an all around good person. He makes me smile everyday.
- My sweet Ellie Mae is next. She is my goofy, loving bulldog who is also a little stubborn. She has been with me through some tough times and does help when I have an anxiety attack. Look at her face!
Ellie Mae and myself during Christmas 2016
I have several people and things that help make me happy. Sometimes I have to look through my journals and list of what makes me happy to increase my mood. I have to remind myself of the great people and things that I have in my life.
I urge you reading this to get out a pen and paper and make your list of things that make you happy. You will be surprised as to all the great things and people that you have in your life.
Until next time. ❤️